The Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund (Sylff) University of Nairobi Chapter is calling for applications for the Peace Forum to be held on 8th and 9th of December 2016 at the University of Nairobi. The theme of the Forum will be “Understanding the ‘Push’ and ‘Pull’ Factors Underlying Violent Extremism and Radicalization among the Youth in East Africa.”
Violent extremism is an alarming security issue in East Africa and the world at large. As such it is a priority issue for governments. It is on this premise that this forum seeks to bring together participants from Africa to discuss this East African as well as global challenge and explore ways of effectively addressing violent extremism.
1. Participants applying for this forum should only be from the following countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Somalia, Burundi, Rwanda and South Sudan. Further instructions for applicants per country are as follows:
i. Kenya: Applicants should only be from Nairobi, Mombasa and North Eastern (preferably Garissa).
ii. Uganda: Transport to and from Entebbe Airport will be provided.
iii. Somalia: Transport to and from Aden Abdulle International Airport will be provided.
iv. Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda and South Sudan: Applicants must be residing in Nairobi at the time of the conference.
2. Participants should preferably be representatives of student unions/clubs, human rights groups, anti-radicalization groups, media professionals, government officials in security sector or in any relevant organization.
3. Aged between 18 and 35.
4. Be committed to attend the full duration of the forum.
1. Transport, accommodation and meals will be provided for all sponsored participants.
2. Cost of visas and any vaccination will be solely the responsibility of the participants
3. No per diem or allowances of any kind apart from the aforementioned allowances will be provided.
Follow this link to apply: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1quXySQ6-zAkH9BF3BOxeFyQw7eOkX2ET401tfPxZrLI/edit
The submission deadline is October 9th, 2016. Contact email@example.com for inquiries.