IUFRO Headquarters is looking for a communications expert to join our team in Vienna as early as possible!
The International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) is a world-wide organization devoted to forest research and related sciences offering a network for voluntary cooperation. Its members are research institutions, universities, and individual scientists as well as decision-making authorities and other stakeholders with a focus on forests and trees: IUFRO – Interconnecting Forests, Science and People
At IUFRO Headquarters in Vienna, Austria, we are a small but highly committed team:
IUFRO: Secretariat / Who is Who
You will actively support IUFRO’s communication and knowledge exchange strategies, help promote the visibility and outreach of our network through a variety of communication products, including media releases, podcasts and infographics. Our working language is English.
- Master’s degree in communication or related subject, ideally with a focus on and/or additional training in science communication
- Between five and ten years of work experience in the field of communication and/or public relations for a quality media outlet and/or an international or scientific organization
- Knowledge of and/or keen interest in forest-related science and its ecological, economic and social dimensions
- Understanding and recognition of the importance of scientific research for informed decision making with a view towards reaching the global sustainability goals (SDGs)
- Ability to communicate in a factual and unbiased way to different target audiences including scientists, policy and decision makers, practitioners, journalists, and the general public at local, regional and global levels
- Near-native speaker level of proficiency in written and spoken English; a good command of other languages – ideally German, but also French, Spanish or Portuguese – is welcome
- Excellent IT skills, including MS365, social media tools and, ideally, tools such as included in the Adobe Creative Cloud and needed for the design of communication products
- Open-minded attitude and ability to work in an international environment and cooperate with a highly diverse and motivated team on the basis of mutual appreciation
- Readiness to meet regularly with team members to share and discuss ideas and progress
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to go on duty travels abroad
- Readiness to occasionally take on other tasks than described above
IUFRO offers a contract for a full-time position with 40 working hours a week and an annual leave of 5 weeks (25 workdays). The salary will be consistent with an appointment with international NGOs based in Vienna, Austria.
Please submit your application, including a cover letter, résumé, reference list and letter of recommendation by 26 April 2022 to: <office(at)iufro.org>, attention Ms. Gerda Wolfrum.