The World Youth Alliance (WYA) is a global coalition of young people working to promote the dignity of the person at the international and regional/ grassroots level through Education, Culture and Advocacy.
World Youth Alliance works in six regions; Africa, North America, Middle East, Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America. The Africa Regional office is located in Karen, Nairobi.
The Africa Arts Forum: The 2015 Africa Arts Forum will bring together African youth aged between 14 – 30, working in the field of art and youth interested in art to learn, share ideas and work together with WYA in the promotion of human dignity through art. This forum will showcase different types of art including fashion, music, spoken word, poetry, drawing arts, paintings and sculptures.
Venue: Safaricom Michael Joseph Centre, Nairobi
Date: 7th November 2015
World Youth Alliance believes art provides a window into the complexity, integrity, and beauty of human nature and the natural world. We believe that art is an act of love that provides a voice for what would otherwise remain hidden.
Participants: This forum will include artists, spoken word, expert speakers, art exhibitions, musical performances and presentations by the participating artists and students.
Objective: This forum will influence the youth that are talented in arts and art professionals to promote dignity in our society through art.
Theme: ‘Art and Dignity’.
Besides the performances and exhibitions, we will discuss about Art, Dignity and the understanding of the human life in the modern Africa which will help us to achieve the objectives of the forum. We will discuss the following;
• What is art in modern Africa?
• The understanding of human life in modern Africa
• Am I an Artist or an Art? Am I the agent of art?
• What is the relationship between art and the human person?
• What is the relationship between Art and Dignity?
• How can art be a gift of self and how is art transcendent and free?
• What vital aspect of being human does art communicate to us?
• We expect all participants to learn and take the role in promoting dignity of a human person through art.
• We expect our participants will have the understanding of human life and be able to use the powerful voiceless tool of expression.
• We expect our participants/artists will create the awareness for what really matters to the dignity of a human person through art.